On 3 June, we are offering companies in the cross-border Upper Rhine region the opportunity to visit the Kembs hydroelectric power station in Alsace, which is operated by the French company EDF.
The aim of this visit is to present renaturation actions as well as concrete tools to help companies adapt to climate change.
- environmental protection
- External event
This visit is part of the INTERREG V climability design project, which aims to prepare businesses for the consequences of climate change (https://www.clim-ability.eu/en/welcome/)
The speakers will provide a productive debate on the implementation of the use of sustainable energy in the urban transport sector and its infrastructures, with this movement we will try to inspire other companies to adopt sustainable energy and green methods, and also to spread information on this topic among young people so that they adopt this type of measures in their daily lives as well as to all stakeholders within the industry itself.
To this end, we will have a programme of contents in line with the main areas of action of the European Union : The zero pollution transformation of industrial value chains.
- The contribution of digital technologies to a clean, nature-friendly and carbon-neutral economy.
- The use of innovative technologies to address the substance of recycling waste streams.
- The role of local actors in the implementation of EU policy.
- Analyse how EU funding mechanisms are supporting the Green Transformation.
8.30 am - Welcome coffee
9:00 am - Site visit: Plant and power station, lock with fish pass, dam of the Grand Canal d'Alsace and renaturalised area - Petite Camargue alsacienne site
11:00 - Workshop on the exchange of good practices: How to carry out ecological restoration and adaptation actions to the effects of climate change? How to carry out ecological restoration and adaptation to the effects of climate change on my company's site?
. Introduction and presentation of the Clim'Ability Design project, Clémence Pierre, Project Manager - HYDREOS, Pôle de l'eau du Grand Est
Presentation of the issues of ecological restoration and adaptation to the effects of climate change
- What link(s) between ecological restoration and adaptation to the effects of climate change? Amandine Amat, Climate change and water project manager - CCI Alsace Eurometropole
- Feedback from the EDF site on the implementation of ecological restoration actions Lucas Husson, Director of the "One river, one territory" agency - EDF Hydro
Exchange of best practices on ecological restoration actions
- Taking into account the issue of biodiversity in site management Jérôme Mougel, Managing Director - ODYSSEE Environnement
- Reducing light pollution Dominique Delfino, National Administrator and correspondent for Doubs (25) - ANPCEN (National Association for the Protection of the Night Sky and Environment)
Conclusion and presentation of the climate tools proposed by Clim'Ability Design David Pelot, Research engineer - Météo France