In connection with the implementation of the integrated project ""Silesia. Blue sky restored"" (LIFE20 IPE/PL/000007 - LIFE-IP AQP-SILESIAN-SKY) and entrusting its coordination to the Department of Regional Projects of the Marshal's Office of the Silesian Voivodeship, below I present the planned educational and cultural event being part of the celebration of this year's Green Week EU, taking place on May 30 - June 5, 2022.
The Regional Center for Eco-information of the Department of Regional Projects, fulfilling the tasks resulting from the adopted integrated LIFE program, wishes to participate in the EU Green Week as the organizer of a partner event to promote positive air protection practices and raise public awareness of environment pollution.
- environmental protection
- External event
Organizational information about the event:
- Place: Museum ""Upper Silesian Ethnographic Park in Chorzow"".
- Date: one working day per week from May 30 - June 5, 2022.
- Number of participants around 200 people.
- Participants: students of the Art School in Katowice, representatives of 89 project partners, in particular the Silesian University of Technology, the Silesian Botanical Garden in Mikolow and the Institute for Chemical Processing of Coal in Zabrze.
- General information: The activities carried out during the event are to be cultural, educational and promotional. Taking into account the fact that the concept of the project ""Silesia. Blue sky restored"" assumes reduction of low emission simultaneously with increasing public awareness of this subject, open lectures, lectures, experiments and presentations about this content are planned. The participants will therefore have the opportunity to learn about the topic of air pollution through direct contact with institutions specializing in this field. In addition, school students will be invited to cooperate in the event as important participants.
- Painting the silesian sky: Each art school student and other interested participants of the event, will receive large-format sheets of paper, on which everyone will present their interpretation of the silesian sky in any painting or drawing technique, and in any style. In order to inspire participants, it is planned, to conduct a scientific lecture combining the topic of air pollution with the vision of presenting the sky in the history of art, including the fact how the Industrial Revolution changed that perception. Then, after carrying out the practical part of the task, all the artistic forms will be arranged into one large plastic composition, having the character of a painting mosaic. Subsequently the photograph of which will be taken by a drone. In line with our assumption the photographic composition will become the a symbol of the Green Week celebrations carried out in Silesia. In this way, young people will be encouraged to participate in the event and apart from the theoretical part, will be involved in practical activities, reflecting their subjective feeling of air pollution in this area. As main participants they will also have the opportunity to learn about the possible o activities related to environmental protection.
- The event will also be attended by eco-managers from Silesia, being part of ""Silesia. Blue sky restored"" integrated project, who will the possibility to exchange information during the event provide information on increasing energy efficiency in buildings. However they will also have the opportunity to participate in lectures provided by recognized specialists in the field of environmental protection and ecology.
- The exact program of lectures and experiments will be presented to the participants after collecting the speech titles and setting the thematic blocks.
- The event will be open to all inhabitants of Silesia.
- Free admission to the museum for all participants. The event will take place in conference rooms and in the open area of museum.