UF22 presents itself as a place for urban shapers, leaders, entrepreneurs, sustainable cities, media professionals, and young leaders to get together, share knowledge, tips, know-hows, etc., on how to make cities sustainable, and more importantly inspire and encourage needed changes.
- environmental protection
- External event
This year's conference will hold more than 2,000 attendees, more than 150 speakers, and will also include its programme 'Young Leaders' with 20 selected young individuals making an impact in the field of sustainable urbanism, and will present its novelty programme 'Impact Entrepreneurs' (showcasing and giving a boost to social businesses aimed at reshaping urban sustainability).
The programme will consist of 6 main tracks:
- Leadership (urban leaders sharing knowledge, valuable information, mistakes, lessons they've learned along the way)
- Changing Structures (about transforming cities to unleash their innovation power)
- Impact Entrepreneurs (about connecting the sharpest minds with visionary entrepreneurs and urban leaders)
- Revitalising Neighbourhoods (about how to turn terrible into terrific, how to combine revitalisation with climate action, and how to involve the community)
- Building New Districts (sharing knowledge on potentials of re-developing brownfields, how to find out which stakeholders to involve, and how to get started)
- Skills for CityChangers (sharing much-needed skills and know-how on how to start transforming cities for the better)
This year UF22 will also officially present its new project, a platform called CityChangers.org (launched in September 2021), which is accessible to urban changemakers 24/7 and for free.
The platform shares skills, knowledge, and inspiration from one city-changer to another. It covers a range of topics, from mobility to sustainable buildings. The platform is constantly growing, and we are already working on new topics.