The EU Ecolabel is recognised across Europe with thousands of certified goods and services on the market. If you want to promote your eco-friendly goods on the wider EU market, the EU Ecolabel is the right choice!
Six reasons for choosing the EU Ecolabel:
- Consumers are increasingly looking for environmentally friendly products. As the EU Ecolabel is a trusted and recognisable label across the EU, having the EU Ecolabel on your goods or services will increasingly facilitate consumers’ choice in favour of your product. At the B2B level, the EU Ecolabel can create business opportunities for your goods or services as the market already favours sustainable and environmentally friendly products.
- The process of checking whether your goods or services comply with the EU Ecolabel criteria will highlight ways to optimise your products and production processes. This will further enhance your company's sustainable image, and can also lead to financial savings (e.g. reduced resource use and electricity consumption, improved waste management). As a result, your brand will stand out amongst your competitors.
- Public procurers are facing increasing demands to work with manufacturers of products that bear ecolabels in accordance with ISO 14024 (Type I), such as the EU Ecolabel. Having products or services awarded with the EU Ecolabel ensures easier access to Green Public Procurement (GPP)
- The EU Ecolabel has been developed to ensure that 10-20% of the most environmentally friendly products currently on the market can meet its criteria. The EU Ecolabel works in accordance with the ISO standard 14024 and is therefore a Type I label, one of the most reliable ways to communicate environmental information to consumers.
- Online User Manuals are available for most product groups to help you apply for an EU Ecolabel. The step-by-step explanation of the application process makes your application straightforward.
- Special discounts on EU Ecolabel fees exist for SMEs, micro-enterprises and applicants from developing economies. This can reduce the cost of preparing an application for the EU Ecolabel.
Discover more about the EU Ecolabel
Discover the full range of EU Ecolabel products and criteria.
Step-by-step support for applying for an EU Ecolabel for your goods or services.
Find out more about the EU Ecolabel through our articles and success stories.
Where to find EU Ecolabel products and services, and how to get involved.
Understand how the EU Ecolabel works and how stakeholders can strengthen the reach of the label.
Despite the COVID-19 crisis and despite the Brexit, the EU Ecolabel figures kept growing. test
Check out how businesses can communicate about the EU Ecolabel. Get involved!
The top ten frequently asked questions regarding the EU Ecolabel.
Still have queries on the EU Ecolabel? Our Helpdesk and the Competent Bodies are here to help.
On March 23, 2022, the EU Ecolabel turned 30! In celebration, the Showroom on Wheels will be making a tour around Europe this summer displaying certified products and sharing the EU Ecolabel mission.