This high-level event, organised in conjunction with DG ENV-CoR Platform for Cooperation on Environment, will see the launch of the Green City Accord. The launch event will take place virtually at the European Week of Regions and Cities from 11:30 to 13:00 CET on Thursday 22 October 2020.
- environmental protection
- Beosruthú ar fáil
- Cén áit
- Online event
- English, Spanish, French
- Ard-Stiúrthóireacht an Chomshaoil
This event will feature interventions by high-level representatives from the Committee of the Regions and the European Commission, who will set the scene and present the initiative’s vision, its objectives and the commitments it will entail. Several mayors will express their intention to join the Green City Accord in 2020 and will encourage other cities to follow suit.
In order to register for the event, you will need to create an EU login; this is a short and simple process. More information on this login process can be found here. When signing-in you will be required to use a two-factor authentication. Please follow this guide to set up a Two-Factor Authentication with your mobile number in your EU Login account.
Anna Lisa Boni, Secretary General, EUROCITIES, Belgium.
Confirmed speakers to date:
- Juan Espadas Cejas, Mayor of Seville, Chair of the Commission for the Environment, Climate change and Energy of the European Committee of the Regions, Spain.
- Joanna Drake, Deputy Director-General, Directorate-General for Environment, European Commission.
- Claudia Fusco, Head of Environmental Knowledge, Eco-Innovation and SMEs Unit, Directorate-General for Environment, European Commission.
- Dario Nardella, Mayor of Florence, Italy.
- Audrey Linkenheld, Vice President of Lille Metropole and Deputy Mayor of Lille, France.
- Filipe Araújo, Deputy Mayor of Porto, Portugal.
- Martin Horn, Mayor of Freiburg, Germany.