The Zero Pollution Stakeholder Conference opened with a message from the Executive Vice President of the Commission, Frans Timmermans, as well as one from the First Vice President of the Committee of the Regions, Apostolos Tzitzikostas, delivered by Marieke Schouten of the CoR, co-chair of the Zero Pollution Stakeholder Platform.
Thereafter, Patrick Child, Deputy Director General of DG Environment and moderator of the high-level session, discussed with Hans Bruyninckx, Executive Director of the European Environment Agency and Bernard Magenhann, Deputy Director General of the Joint Research Centre the findings of the first Zero Pollution Monitoring and Outlook. This was followed by a panel discussion of selected members of the Zero Pollution Stakeholder Platform and a wider discussion with the participants. The high-level session was closed by a message from Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner for the Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries.
The afternoon allowed for discussions in three parallel ‘deep dive’ sessions on Zero Pollution & Health, Zero Pollution & Biodiversity and Zero Pollution & Circular Economy.
You can view the recordings of the session as below:
- For the morning session, the recording is available here.
- For Deep Dive 1 on Zero Pollution & Health, the recording is available here
- For Deep Dive 2 on Zero Pollution & Biodiversity, the recording is available here
- For Deep Dive 3 on Zero Pollution & Circular Economy, unfortunately there were some technical issues on the day of the event, therefore a recording is not available.
- environmental protection
- Bruxelles, Belgium
- Live streaming available
- The Berlaymont, European CommissionRue de la Loi 200, 1049 Bruxelles, Belgium
- Directorate-General for Environment | European Committee of the Regions