With the EU Ecolabel, tourist accommodation and campsites offer an eco-friendly and high quality alternative to conventional hotels and campsites.
The EU Ecolabel holiday accommodation group covers tourist accommodation such as hotels and campsites.
The EU Ecolabel guarantees that certified accommodation has optimised environmental and waste management, and reduced energy consumption, water consumption, transport emissions and food waste.
To showcase this product group there is ia dedicated pan-European campaign for winter 2021 and summer 2022 to:
- Increase uptake by the professional Tourism Accommodation sector (hotel owners, campsite owners, youth hostels and seaside/ mountain resorts, etc.)
- Increase awareness among prospective holidaymakers, so as to encourage them to choose Ecolabel-certified accommodations when they plan for their holidays.
- Current Criteria
30 June 2025
- Application pack / User manual
Final Technical Report (2016)
- Introduction on the EU Ecolabel (2021)
- Audio Introduction (2021)
- Success story 1 - Blue Ocean (2021)
- Success story 2 - Mas Corbella (2021)
- Success story 3 - MuMa Hostel (2021)
- Audio Success stories (2021)
- EU Ecolabel criteria and application process (2021)
- Audio Criteria and application process (2021)
- Criteria in a nutshell
Do you need more information about this product group? Please contact the EU Ecolabel Helpdesk.